Case Study: Lancaster General Health
Lancaster General Health (LGH) is a regional, 631-licensed bed, and nonprofit healthcare system with a reputation for excellence. Designated as a Magnet Hospital for nursing excellence, LGH has been recognized regionally and nationally for its cardiology, intensive care unit, and orthopedic services. Lancaster General Health's mission is to advance the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
LGH developed an in-house software application to help facilitate company-wide communication and recognition. In addition to expensive software development costs, they encountered numerous limitations such as:
- The application was not easy-to-use.
- Access to identifying employees for recognition was limited.
- Managers could not recognize their entire department or multiple employees at one time.
- Employees could only recognize one employee at a time (in their Peer-to-Peer program).
- Employee recognition was limited to only gift cards.
To overcome their existing application limitations, Point Recognition provided LGH with an innovative, customized solution to effectively recognize and award their employees as well as facilitate company-wide communications. Using LOOP—an employee engagement portal—Point Recognition developed unique features and applications for LGH, a benefit that we offer each and every customer. Highlights of LGH’s customized Rewards Portal are listed below.
Highlights of Point Recognition’s Customized Solution for LGH
- LGH uses LOOP for their Peer-to-Peer program called “Touchpoints.”
- Employees have multiple recognition tools such as a web-based recognition wall where they can send and receive recognition for excellent work.
- Employee nomination forms are available for those who perform above and beyond.
- Employees can accumulate points for award(s) redemption.
- Millions of awards options, including eGift cards on Amazon.com, are included in Point Recognition’s solution.
- Administration has access to an easy-to-use administration portal that provides comprehensive reports and award approval processes.
Once our solution was implemented, LGH experienced over 40,000 system views—a 44% increase of employee usage.